We have just released the latest version of Alces Flight Compute version 2017.2 into the Amazon Marketplace.
This version has a host of new features now on offer, including:
- The ability to choose the job scheduler* to be configured on your cluster (SLURM, Grid Engine, OpenLava, TORQUE or PBS)
- Preselect Gridware depots to install on the cluster - speeding your time to science
- Additional options for formatting and structuring the storage layout of the cluster, including:
– EBS storage volume type
– Separating partitions for home and applications directories
– Setting encryption policies on volumes
– Configuring local scratch space
- Extended Alces Gridware Docker features, including:
– Image sharing
– Local registries
– MPI container execution
– Custom volume mounts
- The new c5, h1, p3, m5 & x1e AWS instances are now available for selection
- Flight can be launched in the new AWS region eu-west-3 (Paris)
- Personal Gridware - install any of the Gridware apps to your user directory
- New cluster dashboard
To download the latest version of Alces Flight:
Our Alces Flight Documentation has also been updated to reflect the latest release.
If you have any questions about the latest version, drop a response into this post or email us direct at email@example.com.
*Please note that the Alces Flight Team does not provide support for job schedulers. You will need to purchase this directly through your job scheduler of choice.