We are excited to announce that the latest versions of Alces Flight Compute, Solo Community & Solo Professional Edition 2017.1 have launched in the Amazon Marketplace.
This version takes the place of our previous Community & Professional versions. You can expect all the same features, now with updates and features including the following:
- Slurm has taken over as the default scheduler for Alces Flight Solo Community.
- The default login node instance type has been upgraded to the r4 series.
- The newly released “i3” series has been added to the instance type options.
- The “alces gridware” tool now provides support for creating and executing workloads using containers.
- New options for swap and ephemeral storage configuration have been added.
- Customization profiles have been overhauled to include push feature, commands for slave nodes, and tagging.
- “alces sync” tool provides greater control over file selection
For those subscribed to the Alces Flight Compute, Solo Professional Edition, you will maintain the additional features of:
- A dedicated support channel.
- The ability to choose from a range of pre-installed job schedulers.
- The ability to launch clusters faster by pre-installing groups of software packages.
- Greater control over instance and cluster-wide storage configurations.
- Ability to connect your client workstation to a cluster private network using a VPN.
You can download the latest editions here:
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Please feel free to drop them into this topic or email us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.